I opened the fridge this morning and realised that I had a lot of zucchini’s! I remember when I was younger my Mum used to make a spiced delicious zucchini loaf, so it seemed like the perfect solution so they didn’t go to waste. And because I love dates they have made an appearance in this tasty little recipe for a hint of natural sweetness.
- 200g zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs
- 40g coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 40g honey
- 150g spelt flour
- 120g dates, chopped
- 30g walnuts
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl mix the zucchini, eggs and coconut oil.
- Stir through the cinnamon, salt, vanilla and honey.
- Add the spelt flour and mix until well combined, followed by the dates and nuts.
- Pour into lined tin and bake for 40mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.